BMW Manufacturing Company LLC Body-In-White Controls Specialist in Spartanburg, South Carolina
PLEASE NOTE: THE OPENINGS ARE ON B-SHIFT (NIGHT). Provide technical support for PLC, control, and upper-level systems within the Body-In-White department. Upper level systems include PLC interface to IPS-L, IPS-T, PPZ, SAP/KSI parts-ordering, and other data management systems. Collaborates with specialist and planning partners to develop design standards and specifications for PLCs and control systems. Plans and implements improvements within Body-In-White related to PLCs and control systems to positively affect process capability, system uptime, and reliability. Participates in cross-functional project teams supporting activities related to PLCs, control systems, and upper level systems. Provides technical support related to PLCs, networks, upper-level systems, and control systems during the introduction of new models and for issue resolution during series production. Ensures proper PLC and control system operation and system-specific documentation delivery from line builders and systems integrators. Interfaces with the IT group to ensure efficient operation of the Body- In-White upper level systems. Develops solutions in automated processes using PLCs, control systems, and upper level systems. Develops HMI and IPS-T screens for automatic line control and maintenance information systems for all Body-In-White operations. Supports the Body-In-White Technical Training and Development program by conducting training classes, providing technical documentation, etc. Understands and models VPS (Value Added Production System) Principles and concepts of Standard Work and Problem Solving. Adheres to 5S and Safety Standards and Principles. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and experience
• BS degree in engineering (Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering preferred) or the equivalent of 4 years of software and controls engineering work experience in an equivalent manufacturing engineering role.
• 3+ years of technical experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment (automotive preferred).
• 3+ years experience in programming/troubleshooting PLC application software for manufacturing processes (Siemens TIA Portal/S7 and automotive preferred).
• 3+ years experience with PLCs, Profinet, HMIs, safety PLCs, variable- frequency drives, motors, electrical schematics, and other control system components.
• 3+ years knowledge with HMI software development Siemens TIA Portal or WinCC (preferred).
• 3+ years knowledge with software engineering concepts.
• 3+ years knowledge with control bus systems Profinet (preferred).
• 3+ years PC skills (MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• 3+ years knowledge with control system troubleshooting.
• 1+ years knowledge with control system design.
• 1+ years with PC hardware troubleshooting, Networking and TCP/IP knowledge.
• 1+ years written and oral communication skills.
• English proficiency.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employee.
Legal Entity: BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC
Job ID: 190000OB