BMW Manufacturing Company LLC Joining Specialist Supplier Network in Spartanburg, South Carolina
Provides Joining expertise to Body-in-White suppliers of sheet metal parts in support of Body-in-White targets. Provide technical support with all joining applications and systems within the Body-In-White department and within the Body-in-White supplier network. Develops new joining applications and systems in the Body-in-White to improve efficiency and productivity. Reviews equipment, processes, and capabilities at suppliers to validate capability to supply quality parts and volume required by Body-in-White. Provides joining technical support at the suppliers; ensure volume and quality targets in Body-in-White. Leads joining technology teams that support Body-in-White objectives and projects. Assists in developing manufacturing concepts for Body-in-White processes. Develops design standards and specifications related to joining applications and systems. Provides technical support related to joining applications and systems during the introduction of new models and series support. Provides technical support related to joining applications and systems during the introduction of new models and series support within the supplier network. Participates in cross-functional project teams supporting activities related to joining topics. Ensures proper joining specific documentation delivery from the original equipment manufacturer. Plans and implements improvements within Body-In-White related to the specific joining applications and systems. Develops solutions in automated processes using joining applications and systems. Provides technical support to Body-in-White and supplier network for resolving joining application and system related issues. Supports the Body-In-White and supplier network with Technical Training and Development program by conducting training classes, providing technical documentation, etc. Understands and models VPS (Value Added Production System) principles and concepts of standard work and problem solving. Adheres to 6S and Safety Standards and Principles. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and experience
• BS degree in weld engineering or engineering; or the equivalent of 4 years of work experience in a joining engineering role (automotive preferred).
• 4 years of manufacturing/planning experience (automotive preferred) in a highly automated process including 2 years of project team experience in a manufacturing or business environment.
• 3+ years knowledge of joining applications and systems hot (welding, laser, MIG/TIG, Laser etc.) and cold (gluing, rivet, hemming etc).
• 1+ years PC skills (MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• 1+ years PC hardware troubleshooting, Networking, and TCP/IP knowledge.
• 1+ years written and oral communication skills.
• 1+ years project management skills.
• 1+ years Business Administration skills (budgeting, planning, Time Management etc.).
• 1+ years knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• 1+ years CAD knowledge (CATIA preferred).
• Basic knowledge of SAP.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employee.
Legal Entity: BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC
Job ID: 190001FW